Friday, September 9, 2011
Our Next Adventure
We have began another chapter in my adventures as a military wife. Every three to four years we get the opportunity to move to another place of the militaries chosing. This time the military thought it would be nice to send us somewhere we have already been. Back to Oklahoma we go. Don't get me wrong we love Oklahoma and we had a good tour there. This was just a time that I want my kids to experience didn't things in life and have different opportunities. Anyway have to move on. The Lord knows why we need to be here. Not sure that I agree but need to look at the positives that it will bring to my family and my children. This move I didn't want to do it myself. Did that already and wasn't going to repeat it. Finally we had a move date with TMO (transportation office). It was then time to get ready for the packers. Packing went fine. They showed up at 10:30 on Wednesday and were done by 4 that afternoon. It was suppose to take two days and it only took one. Spent the next day cleaning the house and getting ready for the truck. The truck showed up on Friday and only had a fourth left on the truck for our things. WHAT!!! Yes, the people on the truck before us had way more stuff then they were suppose too. So, they split my things up. I had to think of what I needed and what I didn't. We focused on the bedrooms and the kitchen. Another truck came and picked up the left over things. Alright so everything was on the trucks. It was time to get the rest of our things gathered and finish cleaning the house. Thanks to some help from the ward I was done. Saturday we loaded up the uhaul trailer and put the canoe on the trailblazer. We spent the rest of the day with family and enjoying our last day in Colorado. Sunday after Sacrement meeting I returned to the house and picked up the zoo (2 cats, 2 fish and a guinea pig). It was time to say goodbye to a great ward full of wonderful friends. The kids and I piled in the car and it was time to head off to Oklahoma. It was a long drive (10 hours) and we got in around one in the morning. I had to unload a few things and get kids to bed. It was so humid outside that I ended up having to shower at 2 in morning before going to bed. Monday morning dawn and I was up at 6:30 to meet the truck. Need less to say. Everything got here. It took two weeks but it all showed up. Now Matt is working on getting back on flight status and the kids and I are getting into a new routine. What will Oklahoma bring to us this time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment