Each year around this time I ask the kids what do you want to be for Halloween? This year was a little different with Halloween being on Sunday. I miss being in the bible belt where they celebrated on Saturday instead of Sunday. So the question was do I let them go trick or treating or not? After sitting down and realizing that Matt will probably miss another Halloween next year and out of Noelle's five Halloween's he has only taken her trick or treating once. So I talked Matt into letting them go. They didn't know that and where really excited when I told them they could go. I have wonderful memories of trick or treating on all the many bases we where stationed at with Dad's job and the loads of candy we would get. It was also fun to come back to the house to see if Mom planned well that year or not. (BTW most of the time she did). So, what did my kids decide to be this year?
Each year I mange to make only three costumes. It is usually Brayden's because he wants to be something that I will never be able to find a pattern for. So, behold commander fox, a clone trooper. Brayden didn't want to wear the mask because he said it smashed his nose. No gun for this clone trooper.
My two little girls decided they both wanted to be cheerleaders. I remember as a girl Mom made me a cheerleader costume for Doxey Elementary in Utah. So I made the cheerleader costumes for Tori's school (PPSEL) with her school colors. Go BEARS!!
It was a little chilly. So they had to dress warm. At least this year there wasn't snow or ice on the ground like last year. While passing out candy I like to look at all the costumes and get some ideas. My favorite was a dad dressing up like Papa Smurf. He had the white beard, blue face, hands and neck. With a blue shirt, red hat and pants.
The kids are already planning on next year. Abby a leopard (surprise another cat), Tori wants to be a chicken, Brayden not sure yet, and Noelle maybe an egg to go with the chicken.
Have a great day.




So cute! Great job, yet again Big Sis!
ReplyDeleteThey look great! You did such a great job on their costumes!
ReplyDeleteVery fun! You are amazing for making their costumes! Wow! (And I understand about dads not being there for Halloween. Kevin has only been around for 3 of Lily's eight Halloweens.)
ReplyDelete